5 Ways you can change your fashion habits to help the Planet
The figures are truly sobering when it comes to fast fashion:
- 100 billion new clothes were sold in 2000 (Ellen MacArthur Foundation). 15 years later that figure doubled!
- According to a 2018 UN report, the fashion industry produces 10% of annual global carbon emissions.
- Only 10-20% of clothing donated to thrift stores is sold! (the rest end up in 3rd world countries which contributes to more problems by negatively to their local industries).
Here are the options for reducing your clothing's impact on the planet:
1. Mend and alter garments. By rotating
2. Buy second hand
3. Swap with friends
4. Wash your clothes less often (they will last longer)
5. Buy biodegradable clothing like Body4real Pure Organic Cotton clothing. Organic uses far less resources than ordinary cotton.
If clothes express who we are, what do you want your clothes to say about you?
Watch this video by CNN:
Jan 18th 2021
Love Your Vagina Day this April!April 23rd 2023 is world Vagina Appreciation Day. VAD is a fun, open celebration of female empowerm …Apr 21st 2023
Clothing Consideration For People Suffering From PsoriasisLiving with psoriasis is not an easy feat. Painful and scaly red lesions usually cover the skin and …Apr 4th 2023
Undyed Organic Cotton for People with Skin DisordersOrganic cotton is also becoming increasingly popular in the fashion world due to its versatility. It …Mar 15th 2023